Top 9 WordPress advertising plugins for your blog
You’ve set up a WordPress based site, you’ve written a few articles now you want to make monies!
Off you trot signing up for as many ad networks & affiliate sites as possible but … woooh! Hold on! How are you supposed to keep track of all those banners that you now want to display on your shiny new blog?
You might want to only advertise at specific times, you’ll definitely want to record when the banners expire, their placement or order, track impressions, click-through rate etc.
The easiest way to save time, and therefore money, is by installing some ad management plugins into your WordPress blog.
As there are many options, the best is to simply install a few, test, delete and install a few more until you finally find the easiest option for you to work with going forward to manage your ads & banners.
9 recommendations that we hope will help you along the way to being a blogging billionaire:
- Advertising Manager – Place ads on your WordPress site –
- Ozh’ Who Sees Ads – Manage your ads. Define under what condition they will show – http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ozh-who-sees-ads/
- AdRotate – One of the best and most flexible ways of putting ads on your website – http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/adrotate/
- OIOpublisher – An ad manager that focuses on maximising your revenue, saving you time, and keeping you in complete control of your ad space – (http://www.oiopublisher.com)
- Chitika Premium – Chitika Premium is an AdSense alternative/compatible search targeted ad solution – http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/chitika-premium/
- WP-Ad-Manager – A complete system for handling advertising, including ad-rotation (with weights), scheduling and support for theme widgets – http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-ad-manager
- PageFlip Advertising – Use this plugin to make a new kind of “page flip” advertising – http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/pageflip-adv/
- Asset Tracker – This plugin generates a series of images (assets) based on the current page’s content, and displays them in an order of relevance – http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/asset-tracker/
- WP125 – Easy management of 125×125 ads on your blog. Ads can run for several days, and will automatically be removed – http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp125/
Thanks very much to Lee Rickler of Point And Stare for this guest blog post. Lee runs an Online Development Agency in London and is a WordPress genius. If you have any WordPress development needs Lee is the guy to contact.